October 30, 2019
Hacks to Never Settling & Becoming the Best Version of Yourself with Benjamin Akande
In this episode of HACKED we speak with Benjamin Akande, who is a Nigerian native and a brilliant mind who later migrated to the United States and served the community in a range of different ways.
He is currently the Assistant Vice Chancellor of International Programs-Africa, Director of the Africa Initiative, and Associate Director of the Global Health Center at Washington University in St. Louis.Akande is also a respected economist, scholar and global consultant to Fortune 500 companies and higher education institutions in the areas of strategy, leadership development, corporate responsibility and market positioning. He has never been afraid to take on a challenge and that can be seen from his extensive experience and involvement in many different industries and various projects.
Over the past twenty-five years, he has invested significant personal involvement and tireless efforts to contribute to the transformation of public and private institutions and organizations. He was also recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as one of the city’s “Most Influential Leaders,” 2007-2012. It is needless to say that he is a true born leader who is never afraid to take on a challenge and is passionately committed to use his knowledge to make a difference.
In this episode you will learn:
- The beauty of seeing America through the eyes of an immigrant
- How to locate the good in a bad situation
- Using your knowledge to bring value to a problem or situation
- The importance of getting an education that empowers you to speak the truth and challenge the status quo
- How to be courageous enough to embrace change and own the future
- The value of listening and understanding before speaking
- How being vulnerable and open to criticism will make you grow as a person
- And lots more…