July 4, 2019
Networking Hacks to Accelerate Your Career with Jeff Perkins
In this episode of Hacked we talk about networking hacks with Jeff Perkins. Jeff Perkins is the CMO of Parkmobile, the creator of an amazing app that lets you pay for parking on your mobile device. No more annoying meters. Just pay on your phone. If you don’t have it, go download it right now! The company is already in nine of the top ten cities in the US and growing fast.
Prior to Parkmobile, Jeff Perkins the CMO at QASymphony during a time of explosive growth as the company went from a scrappy startup to a leader in the software testing industry, raising of over $50 million in venture funding.
Jeff started his career grinding it out in the NYC advertising industry. He worked at Euro RSCG Worldwide as an Account Director where he led all digital advertising efforts for the Volvo brand. He’s worked on a diverse variety of advertising campaigns for brands including Tide, HBO, Pepsi, Michelin, Office Depot, Fruit Roll-Ups, Rockport and Hasbro.
Jeff received his BA from American University in Washington, DC. During his time there, he was a White House Intern for the Clinton Administration. He later received my MBA from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School.
He’s a regular speaker at many industry events and has been featured in AdAge, Forbes, CMO.com and Fast Company. He lives in Atlanta with his amazing wife, two adorable daughters and two hyper puppies.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to begin building your professional network for career success
- Ways to use your degree to make a big impact, no matter the field of study
- How to use social media and mentorship as professional leverage
- The keys to standing out in the crowd and grow your professional reputation
- Ways to build a professional journey to use as leverage in landing jobs and promotions
- How to use technology as a networking tool to reach a more targeted group